It’s Open Enrollment Time! In Washington State, beginning on 9/15/11 and ending on 10/31/2011, you can buy or change health insurance for kids under 19 in the private, individual health insurance market.
It’s a big deal.
Right now you have choice for your kids health insurance. The insurance carriers can’t deny them insurance or apply a pre-existing insurance clause to them because of medical history. Basically, there are no health questions asked, they will accept your children for health insurance when you complete an application and meet other requirements such as living in their coverage area, among others.
Why some of my customers are considering changing:
- Their reasons for purchasing the plan they currently have, changed.
- The current insurance company took an annual rate increase, and they can’t afford to stay on the plan they have.
- They are ready to buy a policy for their children.
- They want to move their children to their own plan, off of the family plan they have been on.
- They have discovered that it is less expensive to move them off of their employer group plan and have them purchase a plan in the individual market.
Whatever the reason, now is the time to do your research and see if a move is beneficial to your family. Talk to a local agent who can help you figure out if you really should change your coverage.